Thursday, July 26, 2012

Photographers WANTED!

Doesn't EVERYONE want to be a photographer these days???  Everyone!  Myself included!  For the past year or so I've slowly become dissatisfied with the quality of prints I was getting from my dinosaur Cybershot.  I researched cameras for a while, and decided on the Canon t2i, which we purchased in March.  So ever since I've been studying this complex (to me!) piece of equipment and reading more blogs and watching more YouTube videos than I ever have in my life.  And it's been SO. MUCH. FUN. to learn!  However, my brain is still boggled by how much more there is to learn, and at points I feel like there is no way I will understand.  The desire is strong, though.  I WANT to learn photography.  I WANT to take beautiful pictures.  I WANT to see the smiles on the faces of new parents, children, and families when they see the images I've captured.  But right from the start I have made it a point to LEARN PHOTOGRAPHY.  Not just pick up my camera, take a few decent shots and then decide that people must pay me something for the 'work' I've done.  No.  I will not be a MWAC!!!!  And that is where this blog has finally found it's direction.  I've had it for a good 3 years now, maybe... and there are 2.TWO. one, two... just two posts.  Is that sad, or what?  There has just never been a purpose.  I never wanted to just ramble away about nothing for a few paragraphs and call myself a blogger.  So I've decided that Doll Babies and Dinosaurs (which, I think would actually be a great catchy name for a photography business if that dream ever comes to fruition) will be my place to post my 'work'... hopefully get feedback from anyone who sees this and can give pointers... and definitely learn.  So, I ask anyone who sees this... if you are a photographer, or even just knowledgeable about photography, or even none of those things and would just like to share an opinion or encouragement, please FOLLOW me!!!  I would be so honored!!!  I have photos from my first practice shoot ready to share, which I will do in my next post! 

Thank you!!!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment